|POSITION:Equity Attorney (Assistant Legal Counsel #1557)|
|LOCATION:Springfield or Chicago|
|ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE:$59,220 – $81,427|
|FULL SALARY RANGE:$59,220 – $103,635|
|OFFICE HOURS:Monday Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.|
|POSTED DATE:October 2, 2020|
|CLOSING DATE:Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the General Counsel/Legal Officer, exercises professional judgment in providing legal assistance to the State Board of Education.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Graduation from accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS & LICENSE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- At least two years of work in equity-based field.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to function both independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with Illinois Administrative Rules and Illinois School Code.
Office Hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Illinois State Board of Education
100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777-0001 To view full posting and apply electronically, please visit https: www.isbe.net/Lists/ISBECareers/CareerDisplayForm.aspx?ID=460. Interested parties must submit the required application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you are applying for.