MediaMath helps the world’s top brands deliver personalized digital advertising across all connected touchpoints. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our demand-side platform every day to launch, analyze, and optimize their digital advertising campaigns across display, native, mobile, video, audio, digital out of home, and advanced TV formats.
MediaMath initiated an industry-wide effort to create a 100% accountable, addressable and aligned supply chain through SOURCE ecosystem. SOURCE by MediaMath is a technical and commercial framework for agencies, brands, tech companies, and content owners designed to provide long-term sustainable solutions for a clean digital media supply chain with brand-safe, viewable inventory. MediaMath has offices in 15 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our growing Legal team. Reporting into our General Counsel, you will lead the drafting and negotiation of a wide spectrum of commercial agreements/contracts and provide legal support to a wide range of departments.
- Draft, review and negotiate sales side agreements: customer sales agreements, SaaS licensing, data processing and other commercial agreements for a wide spectrum of local and global client prospects and partners such as digital advertisers & agencies
- Draft, review and negotiate supply side agreements related to the supply and licensing of media and data
- Coordinating work with the European legal team to ensure consistent approach and application of legal agreements and risk framework locally, regionally and worldwide
- Supporting internal business groups on rolling out and expanding the Companys business in new markets, including conducting regulatory reviews and analysis
- Participating in the design, implementation and enforcement of company polices and processes to ensure legal compliance with internal policies as well as applicable laws and regulations, including competition law, privacy and data protection law, anti-bribery laws and labor and employment regulations
- Partnering with the People team on labor and employment issues
- Working with the rest of the legal department to support the Company’s general corporate legal activities
- Experienced within the advertising technology space and with data and consumer privacy regulations (including GDPR and CCPA)
- Experienced on a wide range of legal issues with a global focus
- Juris Doctor degree from a highly regarded law school
- 5+ years of post-bar experience, including experience at a leading law firm and in-house
- Extensive experience evaluating and drafting complex commercial agreements
- Ability to exercise integrity, prioritize appropriately, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.