As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas of Rolling Stock, Rail Infrastructure, Intelligent Traffic Systems as well as related Customer Services. With digitalization, we are enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire life cycle, improve passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc. is a partner to public agencies and companies in furnishing traffic infrastructure technology that meets tomorrows mobility needs today.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Legal Counsel to join and support multiple intelligent traffic and streetlight infrastructure projects in legal / contract matters in Austin, TX. We are seeking those who have spent at least 5 years in progressively responsible positions with construction/contracts/commercial projects in a law firm or corporate environment. Ideally, you will have knowledge of infrastructure projects, corporate law and are able to negotiate and handle contracts of all types, support procurement, supplier contracts, construction and design contracts, as well as licensing agreements and corporate governance. You will have validated leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
We are responsible for the strategic management of contracts project changes as well as disputes that may arise in connection with those contracts. As part of our team, you will provide legal advice and approvals where required during procurements and contract negotiations as well as throughout project execution and be able to draft claims, position papers, and other initiating legal documents. The ability to efficiently explain the aforementioned topics to the business partners and drive potential issues to a consensus decision is essential.
- Legal degree with relevant experience as contract manager for US infrastructure and governmental projects. JD and admission/licensed to practice law in one or more states.
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical work experience in commercial transactions and /or litigation.
- Excellent professional, legal written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to participate in negotiations with clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors, and prepare legally binding documents
- Negotiation skills and experience – develop risk mitigation and settlement strategies and negotiate and finalize settlement agreements where necessary
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously lead several assignments
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve diverse matters with government agencies, commercial customers, partners, supplier and subcontractors
- Review, negotiate and draft various types of commercial agreements in many diverse subject areas, provide strategic guidance, training, model template creation, department policy development and general legal support as may be required from the Corporate team
- Identify and assess the primary contractual risks, opportunities and requirements and communication of the same
- Cooperate with the project management team to define the contract / legal strategy
- Prepare contract concepts and defense strategies as well as execute project-related claim opportunities
- Consult with management and draft official correspondence towards the client and suppliers/subcontractors in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Monitor contract conditions and events (duration, consequences, losses), deadlines, milestones and contract-related correspondence
- Identify claim possibilities and communicate along with supporting arguments and documentation
- Undertake the task to rationalize and provide legal support on issues that may constitute opportunities
- Defend against external claims from clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors through the presentation of relevant exonerative facts and documentation
- Prepare for and participate in claim negotiations as well as pre-litigation matters together with project management
- Develop project-specific procedures in own area of expertise and review other quality procedures that involve contractual issues
- Conduct legal research and writing; provide ongoing legal support within territory
- Develop and deliver legal/compliance training, coach team members and work with executives to ensure adherence to corporate policies and guidelines
- Control all claim-relevant issues and the data administration in the project with aim to control and report progress and events to relevant partners
Why Siemens? In Addition to An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you’re interested in becoming a Legal Counsel with Siemens Mobility, we’ll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!