Seeking an attorney with 4 – 7 years experience to join the IMG Legal/Compliance Group, with a focus on the IMG Academy business. The ideal candidate has employment law and/or compliance experience at a top law firm, government office, university or in-house department. The position will be based at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directing or assisting in the development, delivery and tracking of specialized training, both in-person and online, for employees and faculty on relevant policy areas, including student interaction, mandatory reporting of abuse and discipline process, human trafficking prevention, conflicts of interest and data privacy and protection.
- Development and implementation of corporate compliance program initiatives at IMG Academy, including but not limited to:
- Drafting and implementation of compliance policies and procedures for IMGA employees
- Rollout of compliance processes such as Gifts & Hospitality registry, Conflicts of Interest disclosure process, and Third Party Intermediary Risk Management
- Development and rollout of compliance training and communications program
- Participation in enterprise risk assessments to identify and prioritize potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and risk and recommend corrective action
- Providing legal support to Human Resources with employee and contractor screening process, including contractor contract management
- Working closely with Head of School and Head of Campus Life to review discipline process, provide training for discipline committee members, and ensure proper process and documentation in connection with student investigations and student discipline
- Assisting in the drafting and implementation of policies related to student affairs
- Drafting periodic newsletters to staff with information on relevant cases, legal updates and student/staff interaction issues
- Providing real-time advice on business and legal issues relating to preparatory boarding school issues
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest education trends and issues
- Labor and employment, compliance and/or educational law experience at a top law firm, university, or in-house practice, or experience working in a compliance department with training experience, preferred experience at a high school or university
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment (including explaining complex and sensitive concepts to clients and colleagues)
- Solid analytic skills, creative problem-solving abilities and a practical business-oriented viewpoint
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and produce quality work within deadlines
- Outstanding drafting and organizational skills
- Positive attitude focused on problem solving through a proactive and highly team-oriented approach to work
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.