Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the worlds most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Legal Counsel to perform, at the direction of a designated Vice President & Legal Counsel and other senior department attorneys (as applicable), professional legal work related to assigned matters for MGM Resorts International and subsidiary organizations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively litigates commercial disputes and labor and employment matters, including drafting motions, defending and taking depositions, propounding and responding to discovery requests, attending hearings, and mediating and settling claims, with minimal oversight.
- Reviews a variety of contracts and agreements to determine litigation risks.
- Responds to subpoenas, including review of responsive documents and maintaining a privilege log.
- Assist with providing employment advice to Human Resources and business units as needed.
- Manages outside counsel, including invoice review and monitoring compliance with billing guidelines, and provides updates to insurers as needed.
- Provide sound, well-reasoned legal advice to the Companys various groups.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships among the various internal business groups requiring legal support.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-working skills in support of a collaborative environment.
- Supervise paralegals and staff on work assignments.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment commensurate with specialized legal skills and experience.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible litigation practice, including some employment related matters.
- Juris Doctor Degree.
- Significant experience drafting motions, attending hearings and handling discovery.
- Ability to provide employment advice, particularly on wage and hour matters.
- Experience in supervising and coordinating outside counsel and other advisors both nationally and internationally.
- 4+ experience years of litigation experience at a top law firm.
- Experience with defense of public corporations.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Previous experience working in a resort setting.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed to practice law in Nevada (must already have Nevada license, not in-house only admission).