Pfizer Inc. is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to lead, conduct and support global compliance investigations arising in the Pfizer Global Supply/manufacturing, research and development, and Medical Divisions, as well as other business units or functions as necessary. The role includes developing investigative strategy, executing all investigative steps, working with outside counsel (when necessary), and coordinating with Employee Relations, Human Resources, Employment Law and other stakeholders to advise business customers on investigative findings and remediation.
- As a member of the Global Compliance Investigations group, manage Pfizer Global Supply/manufacturing, R&D, Global Product Development, Medical Division investigations as well as other compliance investigations;
- Work with multiple stakeholders, including Legal Division colleagues, external legal counsel, Compliance Division colleagues, Internal Audit, Human Resources, and colleagues from Pfizer Global Supply, R&D, Global Product Development and Medical, including senior business leaders;
- Prepare and present written work product, including memoranda and PowerPoint presentations, summarizing the investigative process and findings; coordinate closeout meetings and calls with business leaders to discuss discipline and corrective action recommendations;
- Ensure accurate quarterly and other reports are provided to Compliance leads, Compliance leadership, and other Pfizer committees and stakeholders as necessary;
- Maintain files and records, and update Team Connect database to reflect activity and progress on matters.
- Juris Doctorate and a minimum of 10 years professional experience, including significant experience conducting corporate internal investigations;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to resolve complex matters;
- Excellent judgment, influencing skills and leadership abilities in working with different stakeholders, particularly with senior leadership;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a substantial caseload with appropriate prioritization required.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical research, development, manufacturing and quality operations — including experience with Good Clinical and Manufacturing Practices — preferred.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position requires a flexible schedule to enable conducting interviews and participating in teleconferences in all time zones.
- The position will require some travel, including international travel.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: July 22, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.