The Associate Corporate Counsel, MMS will be responsible for delivery of high-quality commercial/business legal and compliance advice and transactional support to the newly formed Microbial Manufacturing Services Business Unit of PSG, which enables biopharma customers to deliver life-saving gene and cell therapies to patients. This position reports to the Lead Counsel, Viral Vector Services, Microbial Manufacturing Services, PSG Corporate Strategy and Marketing.
The Associate Corporate Counsel, MMS will work cross-functionally with Division Lead Counsel, Business Unit Leadership, Commercial, Sales, Business Management, Finance, Operations, Quality, and Contracts Management. The Associate Corporate Counsel, MMS will be responsible for providing legal advice and guidance on a range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters, including, pharmaceutical manufacturing (FDA and other agencies, cGMP, etc.), products liability, trade compliance, products liability, anti-bribery, and data privacy. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing ongoing advice and support principally related to biopharmaceutical manufacturing contracts, commercial, supplier and sourcing contracts, proposals, SOWs, etc. including the drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts
- Providing advice as required to supply chain/sourcing, esp. regarding liability gaps and chains, from vendor to client
- Ensuring that MMS conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and Thermo Fisher policies and guidelines
- Providing advice regarding customer and other commercial/business complaints and disputes (client- and vendor facing)
- Monitoring and administering contract review as well as other approval processes, policies, and contract playbooks
- Assisting and supporting the Division Lead Counsel on strategic projects of the Division/BU, as assigned.