The Senior Vice President of Originations Compliance is a senior member of RoundPoint Mortgage Servicings Compliance team, reporting directly to the CEO. The Senior Vice President is responsible for integrating RoundPoints compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and investor guidelines into the business units. The position works closely with RoundPoints lending business units to apply changes in laws and regulations and assess impacts to its policies and procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for overseeing RoundPoints Credit Policy and Credit Risk oversight. The position is also responsible for managing all aspects of external exams from examiners, regulators, and third parties. Additionally, this role is responsible for overseeing RoundPoints licensing, Fair Lending/Servicing, HMDA requirements and GSE/Agency approvals.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Provide hands on compliance advice and implementation requirements for RoundPoints lending activities and other relevant business units, including regulatory and GSE/Agency guideline requirements.
- Assist in the development and/or revision of appropriate policies and procedures to comply with changes in regulatory and investor requirements. Work with the appropriate business units in integrating the requirements of these policies and procedures into the business process.
- Serve as a senior member of the Compliance team
- Serve as a member of the Credit Committee
- Recommend and oversee credit policies and lending standards
- Develop and oversee RoundPoints Fair Lending and Fair Servicing activities and work with outside vendor to perform the annual analysis
- Develop and oversee RoundPoints HMDA activities which include the 2018 HMDA changes and filing the annual LAR
- Manage and monitor all responses to external requests from examiners, regulators, third party clients and business partners. Oversee RoundPoints response to inquiries from regulators, including the management of onsite audit visits.
- Oversee RoundPoints licensing program
- Assist in the proactive identification of compliance risks and build appropriate remediation programs to ensure that RoundPoints exposure is appropriately managed.
- Assist with compliance and regulatory departmental training within the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoints commitment to compliance.
Must have at least 10 years demonstrated history of providing compliance advice and direction applicable to residential mortgages.
- At least 5 years of experience as a compliance manager in financial services, with mortgage experience.
- FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and GNMA experience preferred.
- Experience interacting with regulators
- Experience setting and overseeing compliance with credit policy and lending standards
- Experience with retail and correspondent lending activities
- Experience with Fair Lending and HMDA activities
- Strong leadership experience
- Must be an articulate, effective communicator able to prepare and deliver project specific reports. Must have project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.