The Senior Legal Counsel for EthosEnergy will be a licensed attorney with a commercial litigation and insurance coverage background. This role will be responsible for dispute resolution and claims management, including workers compensation claims, for the Western Hemisphere. Contract drafting and interpretation experience [is a requirement][would be a plus]. The Senior Legal Counsel will be a person of high integrity, strong drive and experience in dispute resolution and claims management and will be expected to engage with the business in a number of areas to anticipate and provide guidance on a wide range of legal issues.
- Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Claims, litigation and arbitration management
- Providing legal advice to all various levels of management and their commercial and operations teams for disputes and warranty claims
- Oversight of outside counsel and litigation budgets
- Interaction with insurers and risk management professionals on claims related matters
- Developing and delivering on-line and in-person training on other legal issues related to disputes, claims and insurance
- Prepare board meeting documentation on litigation and claims affecting EthosEnergy when necessary
- Analyzing, reviewing and negotiating contracts primarily in the Western Hemisphere
- Assisting in creating new policies and procedures for the business as needed
- Monitoring external developments in relation to new legislation
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent proven leadership skills
- Having personnel and department experience is a plus Competent, organized, objective, decisive, compassionate, self-motivated, dedicated team player, excellent communication capability, strong problem-solving skills, an excellent mentor
- Being effective in working within teams, attentive listener, effective thinker, process and procedure oriented, focused on needs of the business Reporting to Chief Counsel Western Hemisphere in Houston, Texas, the role will be based in Houston, Texas.
- The candidate shall be licensed in at least one of the United States with 5-10 year of practice. Law firm background is desired, although some in house practice would also be a plus. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, and should be energetic and capable of self-direction. We seek a candidate possessing excellent oral and written communication skills along with experience in conducting training and delivering presentations. The successful candidate will also have the ability to see the broad implications of events, as well as understand the details. She or he must have the ability to identify and tackle critical issues head on combined with the ability to skillfully manage potentially contentious interactions and should be driven to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity and in a highly ethical and professional manner. This is a hands-on role.
- JD Degree
Houston, TX, USA