THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Education Technician (Title 32) (Indefinite), Position Description Number D2012000 and is part of the VA G1, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As an Education Technician (Title 32), GS-1702-07, you perform the below duties:
(1) Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the Education Services Programs (i.e. Information Management and Reporting Center (iMARC), nationalguardbenefits.com) in a State. Administers tests, assures that tests are conducted in accordance with standard procedures prescribed in the applicable regulations, and maintains records of results achieved. Consolidates, reviews, and requests data from iMARC, and other databases. Records individual education levels against goals and documents efforts made to increase those levels. Prepares reports of program achievements and budget requirements.
(2) Receives, researches, and processes.
(3) Consolidates information recorded in monthly program evaluation reports prepared from attendance records, contracts, or other sources and puts this information into the prescribed format. Maintains and updates State Education Web Site. Maintains records in accordance with prescribed procedures, including those pertaining to, troop educational levels, enrollment, attendance, and completion data, personal interview summaries, and subsequent recommendations, testing schedules and instructions, and other information. Receives, evaluates, and certifies transcripts.
(4) Maintains accountability for educational funds. Monitors expenditures and obligations against allotted budget. Checks expenditure documents for propriety, posts data, and balances accounts. Prepares requests for contracts using established procedures and readily available information. Receives and processes invoices from institutions. Recoup Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) when applicable.
(5) Provides information and briefings concerning educational services such as placement tests, Montgomery G.I. Bill (MGIB), all levels (intermediate through post-graduate) of educational programs and courses, tuition assistance, and other services available to qualified personnel who have requested this information. Information provided included program/course or tuition assistance program requirements, enrollment fees and other expenses, and other information that is readily available in program brochures, government publications, or other sources.
(6) In addition to providing information described above, in the absence of a designated guidance counselor, the incumbent may advise, counsel, and provide customer support for personnel regarding educational goals. Discusses potential benefit of course or educational programs in terms of career development and self-development. Advice provided typically involves helping personnel select educational programs or courses that are best suited to their background and goals or evaluating prior education to determine applicability to other programs when in-depth analysis is not required. Complex counseling, assignments, such as assisting personnel in the definition of educational goals or weighing various educational options, are referred to higher authority.
(7) May serve as the control officer for all civilian high school and college tests. Prepares required quarterly reports and audits regarding test material. Administers Army Personnel Testing (APT) (i.e. Flight Test, ASVAB, etc.).
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
DUTY LOCATION WILL BE IN RICHMOND, VIRGINIA
WHO CAN APPLY:
GROUP I – All qualified Male/Female Enlisted Personnel (E-1/PVT – E-5/SGT) currently employed (permanent) in the Virginia Army National Guard Military Technician Program.
GROUP II – All qualified Virginia Army National Guard Male/Female Enlisted Personnel (E-1/PVT – E-5/SGT), regardless of employment status (Traditional, Military Technician or AGR). To be considered as a Group II applicant, proof of appointment/enlistment in the Virginia National Guard must be attached if the appointment/enlistment occurred within 60 days prior to, or during, the advertisement period.
Military Grades: Enlisted Personnel (E-1/PVT – E-5/SGT)
GENERAL EXPERIENCE : Applicant must have experience, education, or training that demonstrated the ability to follow directions, read, understand, and retain instructions, regulations, and procedures that otherwise demonstrates the ability to perform or learn to perform the various duties of the position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Applicant musthave at least 12 months of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-06 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. This experience must include activities such as:
If you are using Education to qualify for this position,
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https: www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents: Most recent SF50 for current Federal Technicians
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.