Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the worlds most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the worlds largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Director, Corporate Counsel
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
We are looking for a mid-level corporate attorney who will have responsibility for a broad range of corporate and transactional matters. This position requires experience in public company representation, public and private securities transactions and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation and corporate governance.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Be a business partner to other departments, driving and/or supporting transactions, initiatives, projects and activities across our global organization
- Research and provide advice on a wide range of matters, including commercial and business initiatives and transactions, corporate governance, compensation and benefits and global securities law compliance for a publicly-traded, global real estate investment trust and private ventures and funds
- Draft, prepare and/or review SEC, NYSE and other regulatory reporting (e.g, proxy statement, 8-ks, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, registration statements, share ownership filings, and other reporting and communications)
- Assist with public and private debt and equity offerings, financings, M&A, and joint venture, fund and other commercial transactions
- Support execution and management of stock plan administration and executive compensation and benefits programs (e.g. global equity, LTIP units and other partnership unit and deferred compensation structuring, transactions, research, reporting, administration and compliance)
- Research and prepare governance materials and communications and assist with the management of our governance platform (e.g, board resolutions and consents, research, presentations, D&O questionnaires, annual meeting matters, public and private investor, analyst, proxy/governance advisory firms, media and other third-party communications, outreach and questionnaires, etc.)
- Negotiate, draft and/or review contracts, correspondence, and other documents and provide advice on related matters
- Review corporate, investor, marketing and media communications
- Research and provide guidance regarding compliance, regulations, policies, procedures and other matters
- Manage corporate legal billing, tracking, budgeting and data analytics through Serengeti or other platforms
- Collaborate with IT and other departments to develop and implement corporate legal department technology and systems improvements
- Support projects, activities, systems and management of corporate legal group and the office of the Chief Legal Officer
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Juris Doctorate required; licensed and in good standing to practice law
- 5+ years working experience as a corporate attorney, preferably in a top tier national law firm
- In-house experience in a publicly traded company with global operations is a plus
- Experience in public company representation, securities offerings and compliance, corporate governance and executive compensation required
- Practical, critical thinker with strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with individuals across departments and levels, including our board and senior leadership team
- Learns quickly and works independently and efficiently
- Exercises good judgment and possesses business acumen with ability to strategically manage risk and find appropriate balance between business needs with legal risks
- Strong attention to detail
- Results-oriented with significant project management experience
- Professional with discretion to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Team player with a positive attitude and good sense of humor, who is flexible and willing to roll up sleeves to get jobs of all sizes done with exacting standards
- Technology-proficient (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management)
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Francisco, California