Here is your opportunity to manage cutting edge legal work and make history with Amazon’s legal team!
We are looking for a talented senior attorney to lead legal support for our rapidly growing and evolving Amazon Flex and delivery technology business teams. You will be an integral part of the business teams you support, serving as lead counsel on strategic commercial deals and regulatory matters, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries. You will help the business teams develop programs and tools to continually improve both driver experience and end customer experience. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and provide us with the flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
As you will be working with central business teams who are developing products and technology that will be leveraged globally, some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
· 10+ years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor