About Dorilton Capital:
We prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.
We work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. Dorilton views its role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.
We partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. We firmly believe in our companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.
About The Corporate Counsel Role:
The Corporate Counsel will be joining a small but dynamic legal department and reports to the Assistant General Counsel – Healthcare, assisting on a broad range of corporate and commercial healthcare matters, with a focus on serving as the local corporate counsel for the health care industry related businesses within the portfolio. This includes working on a wide variety of healthcare and commercial contracts, healthcare operations, and regulatory matters. This position is located in Houston, TX, but will spend time in both College Station and New York City.
- Serve as corporate healthcare counsel for the home health and hospice portfolio companies
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including facility, medical director, independent contractor, nursing home, service, procurement, consulting and confidentiality agreements
- Draft, review, and negotiate vendor agreements, as well as providing vendor risk assessment and analysis to business teams
- Review and evaluate risk and impact of regulatory changes to clinical and corporate operations
- Draft, review, and update patient and employee consents and a wide variety of clinical and corporate policies and procedures
- Support merger and acquisition activity, including reviewing and managing commercial contracts and clinical agreements while coordinating competing priorities with third parties
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract review and electronic contract repository management
- Manage litigation, Nursing Board complaints, and third-party subpoenas
- Supervise outside counsel as needed
- Some travel required
- JD Degree and a member of any state bar (Texas preferred)
- At least 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 years of law firm experience and at least 2 years of in-house experience
- Health Law background required
- Previous healthcare operations experience
- Previous experience representing companies in a full range of corporate transactions
- Merger and acquisition experience preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Responsible, accountable, self-starter and result-driven
- Highly motivated and able to manage competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to make sound risk judgments, working with colleagues to find an appropriate solution to enable work to move forward
- Pleasant, diplomatic disposition, sense of humor, ability to adapt, and collaborative working style
- Work smarter, not harder mentality; ability to utilize technology and tools to be more efficient and reduce busy work