Job Description Summary
The successful candidate for this position will join a lean, dynamic legal team with direct responsibility for providing corporate, transactional and litigation legal support to C&W’s Owner & Occupier Services business in North America. The candidate will be responsible for proactively supporting the Owner & Occupier Services businesses, with a varied client base, and fostering C&W’s dynamic, collaborative and practical culture. This position may also include providing ad hoc assistance on special projects as they arise and this position reports to the Associate General Counsel – Owner & Occupier Services.
- Analyze, draft, negotiate, finalize and oversee the approval process for all commercial agreements and request for proposal responses for the Owner & Occupier Services businesses in North America, which includes the following service lines: Global Occupier Services, Portfolio Solutions Center, Asset Services and Project & Development Services.
- Consistently analyze and mitigate complex contractual risk, while increasing efficiency and consistency in contracting.
- Assist Senior Counsel in drafting and negotiation of global Master Services Agreements and contract scope review.
- Advise and counsel internal clients with respect to the legal policies and the legal implications of proposed transactions; maintain open communication and good working relationships with both internal clients and clients of the Company.
- Oversee litigation matters for the Owner & Occupier Services businesses, in coordination with outside counsel, the North America General Counsel and with the Deputy General Counsel for Litigation & Employment.
- Collaborate to share best practices, implement risk management strategies, craft negotiation strategy and follow corporate directives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines and be productive in fast-paced environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Research, analyze and keep current on legal issues and laws, legislation, regulations and court decisions affecting the real estate industry and real estate service providers.
- Collaborate with AGC – Corporate Services on Procurement activities and with the North America Compliance Director in compliance matters.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Law Degree and Bar Admission required
- 0-2 years’ legal experience (in commercial real estate and/or professional services environment working with commercial and service contracts preferred)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Excellent comprehension skills
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Quick learner who can operate with minimal supervision
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.