Corporate Counsel Governance, Securities and Executive Compensation- iHeart Media, Inc. (IHRT NASDAQ)
This role will be a hands-on, results-oriented, business-minded attorney with demonstrated experience in the following areas: 1934 Act compliance and reports (10-K\s, 10-Q\s, 8-K\s and proxy statements), governance and board matters, and executive compensation.
About iHeart Media, Inc.:
iHeartMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: IHRT) is the number one audio company in America. The companys leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including more than 850 live broadcast stations; its iHeartRadio service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, smartphones, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; live events; podcasting; and information services for local communities, and uses its unparalleled national reach to target both nationally and locally on behalf of its advertising partners. The company uses the latest technology solutions to transform the companys products and services for the benefit of its consumers, communities, partners and advertisers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8, and Section 16 filings
- Prepare for annual stockholder meetings, including proxy statements and meeting planning and logistics
- Support the preparation, organization and distribution of materials to Board of Directors and its committees and minutes of Board and Committee meetings
- Ensure compliance with SEC and NASDAQ rules and regulations
- Work closely with the Investor Relations, Finance and Corporate Communications on earnings releases, analyst/investor conferences, disclosure issues and shareholder proposals;
- Participate in the design and development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs required for a public company and provide counsel and guidance on legal matters, regulatory interpretations, and on legal implications of all matters.
- Support the Total Rewards department on equity matters and employee education.
- Analysis of potential Section 16 issues and oversight of Section 16 filings for directors and executive officers
- Oversight (including preparation of applicable documentation) of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Assist in oversight of maintenance of all foreign and domestic subsidiaries.
- Stay up-to-date and keep Legal team advised on external governance trends, SEC issues, general legal issues and best practices and reviewing and updating as necessary the firms governance documents, policies and guidelines.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant securities and executive compensation experience is required, either in-house or with a top tier law firm, including strong working knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to publicly traded companies. Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Experience working with Board of Directors and senior management.
- Essential skills include exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good judgment, a team-oriented attitude, solid interpersonal, time management, analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills, including the ability to communicate legal considerations to non-lawyers.
- Capable of interacting with, and establishing the respect and confidence of, senior business leaders.
- Ability to influence and provide timely and effective legal and business advice and support at all organizational levels.
- Good business judgment and sound decision-making.
- Self-starter with ability to project manage independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work flow.
- Member in good standing with New York State Bar Association.
New York, NY: 125 West 55th Street, 10019
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.