TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team:
Our Global Legal team provides key support for all TikToks innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for litigation matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
– Support the Global Head of Litigation in connection with litigation, pre-litigation claims, and all related matters.
– Develop and support the company’s strategy for litigation and regulatory actions.
– Manage all aspects of litigation matters in the U.S. and worldwide, including e-discovery, fact-finding and analysis, witness preparation, depositions, case management conferences, motion practice, and arbitration or trial preparation and presentation.
– Supervise and partner with outside counsel to ensure that all aspects of the company’s legal representation are of the highest quality, including the day-to-day running of matters, overall strategy, written work, and oral advocacy.
– Assist in the implementation of litigation support platforms and capabilities.
– Responsible for regulatory inquiries in numerous domestic and international jurisdictions.
– Identify potential litigation or regulatory risk and counsel the business to minimize exposure.
– Bachelors degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school.
– Member in good standing of the New York bar association or another bar association with the ability to register as in-house counsel in New York.
– Minimum of 7 years of litigation experience in private practice or a corporate litigation department with a highly regarded firm or organization, preferably with experience in technology, intellectual property and digital entertainment matters.
– Familiarity with some, or all, of the following subject areas, is desired: general business law, tech law, including privacy; federal and state laws governing foreign corporations; antitrust law; copyright, trademark, and patent law; First Amendment rights; employment law; and FCPA.
– Ability to research complex legal questions.
– Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, and inter-personal skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.