Associate Legal Counsel, New York
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, a fast-growing segment of the wider knowledge economy. Over the 10 years since its founding, AlphaSights has established itself as the go-to knowledge partner for clients in private equity, asset management, consultancy and corporate strategy, helping them access the expertise they need to make better decisions, faster.
AlphaSights has experienced very fast growth which has been 100% organic, with a core service offering built on quality differentiation and proprietary technology, owing to a robust talent model, scalable processes and software functionality, all underpinned by a values-driven performance culture. Headquartered in London, the company has over 900 staff in 9 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Learn more at <a href="http: www.alphasights.com.%20
The” rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow”>www.alphasights.com.
<a href="http: www.alphasights.com.%20
The” rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow”>… Role
We are looking for an exceptional commercial lawyer based in New York to join our growing global Legal team. The Legal team is a dynamic, external and internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. You will have a broad range of work, ranging from: (i) negotiating contracts with clients and vendors; (ii) working closely with the client services team and our clients legal and compliance teams to ensure clients access knowledge safely; (iii) navigating complex and novel legal issues; and (iv) dealing with evolving areas of law including intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR and employment. All of this is being done at a global scale with multi-jurisdictional challenges in a fast-paced company.
As Associate Legal Counsel you will work closely with both the VP of Legal and Senior Counsel based in New York, and the wider Legal team based in London. You will grow and develop, in a high-growth commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy and independence in your day-to-day work and give you the opportunity to self-start, drive change, manage and lead. You will be encouraged and empowered to take initiative and have hands-on ownership of projects. This is an ideal role for someone whos keen to flex their legal muscle while having direct access and exposure to the commercial and organizational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high-performance team, have real impact and be part of AlphaSights growth story.
What we look for
- High-energy, self-starter whos focused on delivering outcomes
- Confidence and flexibility operating in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic environment
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team mindset with an ability to develop strong relationships and navigate challenges across the organization and functions
- Attention to detail and curiosity, with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and formulate a clear solution
- Polish and poise, and an ability to manage relationships with stakeholders within and outside the business
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Track record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities
What youll need
- JD from a top American law school, BA/BS/LLB from a top university in the UK or other relevant law degree
- American attorney licensed in New York or an English qualified solicitor, with c. 1-3 years experience at a top firm or in-house
- Experience in drafting and negotiating client-facing commercial contracts
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and securities related matters and/or a corporate law background is a plus