The Ethics & Compliance Counsel – North America plays a leadership role in the deployment and execution of Eatons Ethics & Compliance program across all Eaton businesses in North America, focusing on the United States and Canada. The E&C N. America Counsel will provide leadership and counsel to leaders and other key stakeholders on risk assessment and mitigation and compliance trends and issues, lead internal investigations, with a particular focus on employment-related investigations, create a training and communications strategy and deploy training and communications to employees, analyze and report out on key analytics and metrics, and lead key global compliance projects.
In this role you will:
- Partner with business leaders and other key stakeholders to identify, assess, and mitigate compliance risk;
- Lead internal ethics investigations and witness interviews, focusing on process fairness, governance, accountability, lessons learned, and root cause analysis;
- Develop and execute a strategy for compliance training and communications in the region, including developing and delivering training and creating and publishing communications (written, video, graphic, etc.);
- Partner with Compliance team to proactively conduct risk assessment for the region utilizing analysis of investigations and other internal inputs, analysis of Eaton’s channel and commercial strategies, regulatory and legal trends and requirements, benchmarking, and other factors;
- Lead and support key E&C projects, including quarterly reporting to the Board, analytics, matter management, anticorruption assessments, root cause analysis, M&A due diligence, and others;
- Advise and counsel other Eaton lawyers on employment related matters.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- JD from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years experience post-J.D.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- 4+ years experience post-J.D. in Labor and Employment Law and internal investigations
- Admitted to a state bar
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Knowledge of FCPA and compliance programs
- Skilled in data analytics and project management
- Strategic thinking
- Strong drive for results
- Political savvy
- Strong managerial courage
- Ethical with a high degree of personal integrity
- Ability to leverage resources and lead teams without direct reporting authority
- Highly accountable and transparent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you lookfrom the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every dayyoull find one thing in common. It all relies on power. Thats why Eaton is dedicated to improving peoples lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. Were ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and were committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time