Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Clear Channel Outdoor
The Operations Counsel is primarily responsible for performing hands-on, day-to-day transactional and real estate legal work, in addition to providing general legal advice, for various domestic markets of the Company.
- Provide day to day legal advice and business counsel to various domestic operating units of the Company on all aspects of real estate and transactional matters, including leases and related documents, real estate and asset acquisitions and dispositions, lease disputes, municipal bids and contracts, permitting, and other related matters.
- Draft, review or interpret various legal documents relating to the Companys operations including real estate leases, operating agreements, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, title commitments and surveys, settlement and relocation agreements, advertising contracts, resolutions, releases, deeds, and other legal documents as required.
- Manage outside counsel
- Attend conferences, seminars, and continuing legal education as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and be admitted to the bar in good standing in at least one jurisdiction.
- Minimum 5 years experience at a nationally recognized law firm with experience in real estate and general corporate transactional work.
- Ability to interpret interplay between Municipal, Local, State and Federal laws, ordinances, statutes, and court decisions.
- Must have strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong research and writing skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to all levels including senior management.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Must have ability to learn and use company system(s).
- Agility Thriving in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environments by anticipating and responding to changes with swift, focused, and flexible actions.
- Focusing on the Bottom Line Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known.
- Collaborating with Others Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
- Functional/Technical Skills Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Managing Resources Planning, allocating, and mobilizing resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve organizational goals.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Location & Travel
- Role will be based at the Clear Channel Outdoor Corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Ability and expectation for overnight travel up to 5%.