Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but cant imagine living without.
Provide day-to-day legal advice and counseling on a wide range of domestic and international labor and employment matters. Partners closely across the Human Resources organization on a variety of legal, training and compliance issues. Coordinates with outside counsel as needed. Fosters strong relationships with the business by developing an understanding of the business strategies and objectives and responding proactively to best serve the Companys strategic Mission, Vision, Values and Purpose.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently and with little direct oversight, provides counsel to and works closely with Human Resources on a broad range of employment matters, including recruiting, hiring, leave and accommodation, benefits, compensation, employee relations, restrictive covenants, discipline, terminations, compliance matters (including wage and hour), and strategies for managing risk around employment matters.
- Investigates and manages charges of discrimination and other complaints filed against the Company with regulatory agencies. Prepares position statements and other responses to be filed with agencies, prepare witnesses, and participate with on-site investigations.
- Independently respond to and resolve pre-suit demands.
- Foster compliance with a wide range of employment laws and regulations, including but not limited to, DOL, OFCCP, and OSHA, Title VII, the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, FCRAA and other federal/state/local employment laws and regulations
- Coordinate with Human Resources to recommend, implement, and continuously improve employment-related policies and procedures.
- Draft and negotiate settlements, terminations, and other employment-related agreements. Support the continuous improvement of process and standard form agreements/contract templates, to maximize efficiencies, while providing adequate safeguards.
- Supervise and work closely with outside counsel to identify and minimize business risks and to achieve strategic objectives that are timely and cost-effective.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to provide clear guidance that influences internal stakeholders
- Collaborative professional and strategic thinker who sees the big picture.
- Ability to confidently interact with executives, business leaders, and Human Resources professionals across the enterprise
- Pragmatic problem-solver
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work efficiently and independently in a high-volume, results-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education And / Or Experience
- J.D. Required.
- 7+ years of labor and employment legal experience, both at a law firm and in-house required.
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment law required. Specific experience with California and international labor and employment issues is a plus.
- Must be admitted to practice law and a member in good stating of a state bar.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid UA Give Back Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.