In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide a variety of commercial and general counseling legal support to our Connected Care cluster, which includes patient monitoring analytics and informatics, big data, IT-related services, SaaS businesses (including our branded digital health platform) and to our Diagnostic Imaging businesses that combine advanced imaging modalities and clinical decision support solutions. These businesses develop, manufacture, and sell sophisticated clinical, health and wellness related software applications and associated devices, along with related consulting and support services.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Providing legal support to two of Philips business clusters
- Providing informed legal counselling and commercial contracting support for the applicable businesses R&D, procurement, manufacturing, marketing and service activities. This would include, among other items, contracting with vendors and advising on commercial dispute matters.
- Developing and delivering internal training materials to clients with respect to compliance and legal matters.
- Working with your colleagues in the Legal function on projects to develop the Legal function through lawyer training or improving Legal function templates and counselling tools.
- Coordinating and facilitating other related business initiatives when applicable.
You are a part of
The Philips Legal Function team, reporting to the Head of Legal, Connected Care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school and admission to a state bar.
- Minimum of 3+ years in-house or law firm experience within a relevant health care related company with substantive experience skill set.
- Providing successful legal commercial/transactional support (including, e.g., drafting and negotiating commercial contracts) for multiple clients in a fast-paced setting.
- Meaningful experience providing commercial legal support to a company in its sale of products, services and solutions; software; hardware; consulting services; and support services and/or within the medical device industry.
- Counseling on the proper use of health care and other personal data for R&D, marketing, and other commercial uses, under HIPAA and other applicable law.
- Applying health care Compliance laws (i.e. among others Medicare Fraud and Abuse, the Personal Services Safe Harbor, and Sunshine Law) to commercial activities.
- Ability to travel.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary Legal team that will require you to work collaboratively with business stakeholders worldwide, regarding their pre-sales and post-sales activities such as R&D, manufacturing and marketing activities, as well counseling on commercial disputes and compliance with Medicare Fraud and Abuse statute and regulations.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips.? Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA, near the downtown Boston border.?
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what its like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a persons relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.