Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Managing Counsel, Corporate Finance & Governance
The Corporate Group provides comprehensive legal support to Mastercard by partnering and advising on the integral global corporate functions of the Mastercard enterprise, including its corporate governance and global finance operations, which have a direct impact on all aspects of the business. Primary accountabilities include: providing high-quality support to the Company and the Board of Directors on corporate governance matters; leading, managing, and providing legal advice on the governance of Mastercard’s subsidiary and affiliate structure; leading the public company’s securities function, including advising on disclosure issues and compliance with securities law and public company obligations; and providing sophisticated, simple, and smart legal advice to Mastercard’s Global Finance teams, including the Controller, Treasury, Customer Risk Management, Settlement, Tax, Investor Relations, as well as other key partners such as Global Rewards and Worldwide Communications.
• Primary legal counsel to global Treasury team;
• Advise on, draft, and negotiate capital markets transactions and credit facilities;
• Enact the company’s capital management plan by drafting and negotiating investment arrangements, such as ISDA agreements, investment manager agreements, and various bank agreements;
• Advise on counterparty risk, including drafting and negotiating both traditional collateral arrangements and out-of-the-box risk solutions;
• Represent and provide legal advice to protect Mastercard in a complex settlement ecosystem;
• Provide corporate legal support to insurance team;
• Primary legal counsel providing corporate law advice to the Tax group;
• Oversee management of corporate governance of 200+ global legal entities, including drafting and management of intercompany agreements, board resolutions, and other corporate documents;
• Assist with insider trading protections, including 10b5-1 plans, preclearance, and section 16 requirements, as well as training senior executives on their responsibilities;
• Work with legal services team to provide legal support to corporate travel and real estate teams.
All About You
• Seasoned lawyer licensed to practice in one or more states, including New York with extensive experience in drafting and negotiating agreements.
• Relevant post-qualification experience in general corporate legal matters in a reputable law firm and/or as in-house lawyer for a multinational company, preferably in the financial services or banking sector.
• Interested in being a strategic partner with significant contact with business clients on a daily basis;
• A strategic mindset and able to effectively discuss with and advise management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations;
• Able to contribute and operate effectively within a diverse multicultural organization;
• A positive “can do” attitude, stress-resistant and ready to go the extra mile;
• A team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator able to collaborate cross-functionally and across regions and willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team;
• Able to work independently;
• Thorough, meticulous and detail-oriented, but able to effectively prioritize matters;
• Exercise good commercial judgment, be solutions-oriented and have a creative approach to problem-solving;
• Excellent people skills, a sense of humor and communication skills a must.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact reasonable.accommodationmastercard.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.