Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Job Title: Counsel
Primary Purpose: This attorney will work on a broad range of issues for Tapestry, Inc. in support of the Coach, kate spade new york, and Stuart Weitzman brands, and provide legal counsel to internal business partners. This position is based in Tapestrys NYC corporate headquarters.
The successful individual should have
- Litigation experience, including experience at a law firm or in public service
- Familiarity with Title VII, ADA, FMLA, VII, wage and hour laws and other federal, state and local employment laws
- Experience drafting and reviewing corporate policies
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Experience counseling on employment-related issues
- Experience conducting investigations and handling sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Experience collecting documents and drafting and filing responses in litigation matters and administrative actions
- Proven track record of completing projects independently and as part of a team
- Ability to evaluate risk and provide practical guidance for a variety of business partners in a fast-paced environment; and
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with a roll up your sleeves attitude and team-oriented mentality.
The Accomplished Individual must possess . . .
- Juris Doctorate
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York State
- 25 years experience
- Sound judgment and ability to assess issues and risk
- Experience working with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions, preferably in an in-house environment.
An Outstanding Professional Will Have . . .
- Proven ability to manage projects, prioritize work, multi-task effectively, and respond to shifting priorities
- Proven ability to collect and digest large volumes of information efficiently and identify issues for follow-up and potential risks
- Proven ability to thrive in a large, fast-paced environment with a high level of responsiveness, professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; doesnt have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesnt hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicants or employees qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JV1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http: www.tapestry.com/