Strive Health Overview:
Strive Health is a built-for-purpose business working to transform a broken kidney care system. We are fundamentally changing the lives of kidney disease patients through early identification and engagement, comprehensive coordinated care, and home-first dialysis. Strives model is driven by a high-touch care team that integrates with local providers and spans the entire care journey from CKD through ESRD, and leverages comparative and predictive data and analytics to identify patients at risk. Strive Healths interventions significantly reduce the rate of emergent dialysis crash, cut inpatient utilization, and significantly improve patient outcomes and experience.
This position reports to the General Counsel. The Associate General Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel to operating teams throughout the organization on a broad range of topics, including physician contracting, payor contracting, regulatory, privacy, corporate matters and healthcare operations.
- Serve as subject matter expert on assigned matters and projects to support the General Counsel, with a focus on physician contracting, payor contracting, regulatory, privacy and healthcare operations.
- Negotiate and provide legal support for value-based contracts with Medicare Advantage and Commercial health insurance plans.
- Review and draft contracts with physicians, physician groups, and health systems, and provide legal guidance to ensure that contracts comply with legal requirements.
- Provide regulatory advice relating to fraud and abuse issues, physician contracting, state licensing, and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement.
- Responsible for direct legal support of numerous operating divisions.
- Provide legal support for privacy, cybersecurity and preparation of Business Associate Agreements.
- Provide legal advice with respect to corporate governance and administration, including corporate formation, resolutions, bylaws and related documents.
- Provide legal representation in connection with non-clinical contracts as needed, such as purchase and supply agreements, consulting agreements, laboratory arrangements, equipment purchase agreements and similar contracts.
Juris Doctor Degree (JD) from accredited law school
Licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado or eligible to be licensed within 1 year
7 to 15+ years of healthcare experience in law firm or in-house setting
High-level analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work under pressure, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines
Ability to function independently and as a part of a team
Strive Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.