Our Mission: We move people.
Our Values: We are independent. Creative. Gutsy. We arent afraid to dream big. We are accountable. To our customers. To our cities. To each other. We are humble. Human. Lighthearted. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Mobility is the lifeblood of urban environments and cities need affordable, emissions-free transportation options, particularly as the world comes out of a post-COVID-19 world. Electric vehicles will become an integral part of transportation networks, and Revel is here to lead the way.
We are looking for a fast-learning, highly motivated and business minded Employment Counsel to take over and scale our employment law function as we grow and quickly increase our workforce of salaried and hourly employees. As the fourth member of the legal team, you will report to the General Counsel and work closely with the rest of the legal team, the People team and the Operations teams on a wide range of employment law issues. This is a unique opportunity to be an instrumental part of a rapidly growing company with a large hourly workforce and exciting plans for new business launches in 2021, all powered by true W-2 employees. We are looking for someone with the right mix of experience and judgment to protect the company from excessive legal risks, while empowering it to grow and expand.
- JD or equivalent from a top tier law school and membership of at least one state bar
- 4-6 years of relevant employment law experience, including at a nationally recognized law firm
- Bonus points for in-house experience at a startup or fast-growing company
- Experience with employee complaints and investigations, wrongful termination claims, wage and hour laws and basics of labor law strongly preferred. Experience with incentive stock options plans, OSHA, and ADA are a plus but not required.
- Business-minded – ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously
- Excited by start-up culture, fast-paced environment and the mobility space
What you will be responsible for
- Provide practical, business-minded advice on various sensitive employee situations to mitigate the companys risk
- Be the primary legal point person to People team
- Draft and maintain employee handbook and other relevant policies and processes, form offer letters and other employee-related agreements
- Work with People and Operations teams to establish processes, standards and form documentation for employee performance management
- Advise Operations teams on wage and hour issues, leave laws and breaks laws
- Efficiently leverage and manage outside counsel to advise on labor laws and other specialized issues
- Own employee safety, COVID-19 specific policies, OSHA and workers compensation for the legal team
- Advise on diversity & inclusion programs, employee privacy, employee communications and employee events
Revel HQ is currently working remotely to limit the spread of COVID-19. However, we are looking for a candidate who will be based in the New York City area and able to report to our HQ office in Brooklyn once there is a company-wide return to the office post-pandemic.