The Office of Finance and Management streamline agency functions to ensure that they are delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible. This enables us to deliver upon our agency goals to improve accountability and enhance operational efficiency through the responsible stewardship of FAA resources.
Learn more about this agency
The Director of the Office of Information Security & Privacy Service is responsible for the policy, implementation, and oversight of the agency's Information Systems Security program. The Director administers a $60M budget in the execution of duties and responsibilities through a geographically dispersed workforce of approximately 100 employees, to include almost 20 senior employees.
- Directs the development and implementation of the Information Systems Security program for the Agency.
- Develops and delivers IT security strategy, architecture, standards, best practices, and privacy management for the Agency.
- Formulates IT security policy and standard operating procedures, and provides dashboard reporting and metrics.
- Provides vulnerability assessment analysis, assessment tracking and remediation, and audit tracking, including Security Authorization services, and regulatory compliance review.
- Oversees the operational day-to-day activities intended to mitigate Information Security & Privacy risks at the technical level, including monitoring, vulnerability scanning and management, incident response, security engineering, and business continuity management support.
- Facilitates stakeholder engagement across the broader aviation ecosystem, to include with the Intelligence Community, and represents and advocates for the Agency with both private and public sector entities, both domestic and international, on matters of information systems security.
25% or less – The job may require up to 25% travel.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
As a basic requirement for entry into the FAA Executive System, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Leadership and Technical Requirements listed below.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following have been determined to be selective factors for this position. This means possession of this criteria is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criteria are ineligible for further consideration.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT : Do you have experience in achieving operational results? If so, provide examples of ways you have exercised leadership to deliver significant results. Explain how you established goals, assessed outcomes, and improved products and services. Indicate how you identified and met customers' requirements and addressed the needs of stakeholders. Include examples of complex problems you solved or difficult obstacles that you overcame as a leader. Your description should include (1) the size and complexity of organizations you have led, (2) the scope of programs you have managed, and (3) the impact of your results on customers and other stakeholders.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT : Do you have experience leading people? If yes, describe the size of the organization and number and types of positions you have managed. Discuss ways that you have established and maintained positive work environments and prevented or eliminated discrimination or harassment. Describe ways that you have mentored and developed employees and built individual and team performance. Discuss how you have established and led teams to deliver products and services. Include in your description experience in leading others in a matrix environment across organizations.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT : Do you have experience building relationships? If yes, describe (1) the types of individuals with whom you routinely collaborate; and (2) the purpose and outcomes of the communication. Discuss your experience in communicating and cooperating with others to achieve goals. Provide examples of how you have built relationships to achieve consensus and how you were able to obtain the cooperation of others with competing priorities and perspectives. Describe how you effectively communicate information within and outside of your organization.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT : Do you have experience leading strategic change? If yes, describe examples of strategic changes that you led for your organization; describe the entities that the change affected (agency, industry, organizational components). Discuss obstacles you encountered and how you overcame them to the benefit of the agency. Include in your description ways that you applied long-range vision, developed strategies, and applied innovative ideas and techniques.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT : Demonstrated experience applying information systems security to the design, development, implementation, and operations of information technology.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT : Demonstrated experience collaborating with various stakeholders, including the Intelligence Community, to identify common interests impacting the implementation and management of an information systems security program.
An education requirement has not been established for this occupational series.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Veterans preference does not apply to the FAA Executive System.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
1. A resume.
2. An attachment addressing individually the Leadership and Technical Requirements if you do not address them in the answer blocks within the application.
3. An SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if you are claiming noncompetitive eligibility as a current/former FAA Executive or current/former member of the Senior Executive Service or equivalent system.
4. A Senior Executive Service Candidate Development Program (SESCDP) certificate if you are claiming noncompetitive status based on your completion of an SESCDP program.
NOTE: Please do not submit additional materials (e.g., cover letters, DD Form 214, performance evaluations, letters of recommendation). They will not be considered as part of the application package.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.