The Legal Division’s mission is to advance and protect the interests of the firm by providing the highest quality legal advice. Central to our mission is the identification and provision of advice with respect to the resolution of legal, regulatory and reputational risks. As part of the firms second line of defense, Legal helps ensure that the firms activities are conducted within the boundaries of the law and consistent with preserving and enhancing the firms reputation.
We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values which always place our client’s interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Joinders, Third Party Access/Non-Reliance Letters and related agreements for the Consumer and Investment Management Division, Executive Office, Global Markets Division, Human Capital Management Division, Investment Banking Division and Merchant Banking Division, and other internal stakeholders
- Working closely with internal business and investment professionals in the Consumer and Investment Management Division, Global Markets Division, Investment Banking Division and Merchant Banking Division
- Collaboration with business coverage attorneys and other Legal Division professionals
- Regular interfacing with Compliance professionals and members of the firms Conflicts Resolution Group
- Extensive communication and dealings with external clients and counsel
- Logging, recording and tracking of executed Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Joinders and Third Party Access/Non-Reliance Letters
- Assistance with reporting to business clients and other internal stakeholders
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Responding to legal staffing requests; apportionment of work among colleagues
- Assisting with matters relating to secondary loan trading businesses within Global Markets Division
- Documentation for receipt and disclosure of confidential information for secondary loan trading
- Creation and maintenance of datasites for distribution of confidential information for secondary loan trading
- Occasional projects, which might include, responding to regulatory inquiries or internal firm initiatives relating to confidential information, assisting business coverage attorneys in reviewing deal documents, and other miscellaneous projects
- Bachelors degree with minimum 2 years of work experience, or advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and, at times, pressured environment
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Licensed JD or Experienced Paralegal
- Law firm or corporate legal or compliance department experience
- Knowledge of investment banking, brokerage industry, capital markets and/or securities products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.