What’s the role?
We are seeking an exceptional privacy attorney for a Senior Legal Counsel role in our global legal department. In this role, you will work closely with other legal colleagues, members of our privacy team and other business partners. Responsibilities will include providing privacy legal advice, facilitating privacy and data protection compliance and working closely with colleagues in various functions to analyze and respond to privacy-related regulatory developments, issues and questions. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Trusted legal advice in the area of privacy law, including: contract drafting and negotiation; advising product development, supply chain, IT, HR and marketing or other comms initiatives; evaluation of data processing activities; supporting incident management; and due diligence for business development activities.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and advisor to other HERE lawyers and business colleagues on data privacy issues.
- Close collaboration with legal and privacy colleagues to continuously improve our Global Privacy Program and to work on compliance and risk mitigation projects/programs to respond to regulatory developments in markets where we operate.
- Train legal colleagues to help them advise their clients on data privacy issues, as well as develop and maintain guidelines, playbooks, templates, and other resources.
- Help design products, services and technologies for compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Advise on new and emerging legal and regulatory developments in the area of data privacy, including identifying trends and potential impacts on our current or future business activities.
- Understand and advise on the privacy requirements applicable to complex international personal data flows.
- Collaborate and coordinate with government relations colleagues to proactively monitor and review privacy and data protection related legislation in order to help ensure compliance in an evolving regulatory landscape.
Who are you?
- You have a Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree and are admitted to a state bar.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience practicing privacy in-house and/or at a reputable law firm.
- Deep and demonstrable hands-on experience providing day-to-day legal advice and counsel on various privacy related issues, including a deep understanding of GDPR, CCPA and current privacy regulatory and enforcement developments in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
- You have exceptional writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to generate creative and precise drafting and documents.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations and requirements, and to translate legal advice into actionable policies, processes and technical implementations that enable business objectives.
- You have the capacity to think strategically to identify issues and develop long-term solutions.
- You have demonstrated project management skills.
- You are curious, have a can-do attitude, willing to go outside the box, to brainstorm solutions and create impactful risk mitigation strategies.
- You are an enthusiastic collaborator, who displays risk-based and pragmatic legal and business judgment in providing practical advice to clients on privacy and data protection issues.
- Passion for data driven business models, deep technical understanding and business acumen.
- Experience with privacy litigation and regulatory requirements strongly preferred.
- Practical experience in a fast-paced technology environment preferred.
- Relevant certifications, such as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other relevant technical certifications preferred.
What Do We Offer?
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects you work on
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, Supportive Colleagues
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.