General Counsels Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
As a member of the Antitrust Group in the General Counsels Organization, the Manager, Counsel will provide legal support to business and legal colleagues related to all aspects of antitrust law, including compliance, M&A, litigation, and counseling.
Role & Responsibilities:
Collaborate with colleagues around the world on cutting edge antitrust law issues.
- Take ownership of the Companys global antitrust compliance program, including preparing and presenting bespoke antitrust trainings, managing and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and other compliance-related issues.
- Provide support to legal and business colleagues on potential transactions, including assessment and execution of relevant regulatory filings (e.g., HSR), substantive antitrust analysis of the transaction, and counseling on any antitrust issues in due diligence.
- Provide support to litigation team on any antitrust-related litigation.
- Provide support and lead on responses to regulatory investigations.
- Advise clients on antitrust counseling inquiries spanning all of the Companys business lines on a global basis.
- Monitor and report on antitrust law and payments regulation developments for issues that could impact the Companys business.
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the United States; admission to the New York Bar in good standing or eligibility to do so is preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in antitrust law at a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment.
- Strong interest and/or experience in all aspects of antitrust law, including compliance, M&A, litigation, and counseling.
- Strong interest and/or experience in the payments industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively.
- Exceptional presentation and drafting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in gaining credibility, managing expectations, and developing strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community. Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you are ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Jan 4, 2021, 5:00:00 AM – Jan 19, 2021, 4:59:00 AM