We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether youre an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We work are looking for an experienced attorney to join the firms Global Bank Regulatory Legal team, which covers the firm on all U.S. banking laws, as well advises on the overall firm entity strategy. As a financial institution that continues to evolve and grow, businesses that are always focusing on the next opportunity and new technology, which introduce novel and challenging issues and projects.
This attorney will be involved in advising on all aspects of legal, regulatory and compliance matters related to U. S. bank regulatory matters, including Regulation W, Regulation K and Regulation Y. The work includes serving as the primary Legal stakeholder on large working groups, managing projects, advising on new regulations and engaging with the firms advocacy efforts.
- Draft and review regulatory communications and applications
- Advise Goldman Sachs Bank on day-to-day bank regulatory issues and broader entity strategy
- Liaise with attorneys across the Legal Department on bank regulatory issues
- Assist in drafting of policies and procedures, as well as trainings
- Engaging assistance from and working with external counsel, as needed
- Attend various business risk and control meetings as a key stakeholder
Experience and Educations:
- Juris Doctor degree from a top law school
- 7+ years of experience at a large law firm and/or in-house at a financial institution
- General knowledge of US bank regulations required
- Experience in capital markets or M&A matters a plus
- Background or demonstrated interest in technology a plus
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Highly responsive, with as strong sense of urgency, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to handle multiple internal clients and projects?