Staff Counsel, Enterprise Vendor Contracting
What does a great Staff Counsel, Vendor Contracting do?
As a Staff Counsel, Enterprise Vendor Contracting you will provide strategic sourcing and vendor contract support for enterprise-wide vendor agreements and corporate support functions, including by leading strategic process improvement initiatives; drafting, reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts (software license, hosting and professional service); and providing education and training to relevant Fiserv partners. Acting as legal liaison you provide counsel to contracts professionals, business partners, implementation teams, and technology leaders on legal matters. You develop and maintain all forms of contracts and legal documentation and will lead effective document review, issue-spotting, and problem-solving.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead vendor contracting process for assigned functional team(s)
- Work with internal clients to determine negotiation strategy
- Draft contracts, order forms, amendments and schedules, ensuring required legal, financial and performance terms are reflected
- Review vendor contract red-lines and comments and resolve same
- Identify and call out potential risks and make recommendations to resolve same
- Understand vendor service offerings and stay current with industry trends and the legal and regulatory landscape of the business
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Fiserv positions based on the applicable business and vendor profile
- Lead research, strategic process improvement and other projects
- Assist in revising and updating standard contract templates and tools
- Provide input into formulation of Fiserv standard legal and business positions.
- Act as the lead negotiator of technology solutions and professional services contracts with sophisticated clients and/or vendors.
- Diagnose complex problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate resolutions, and resolve issues in a professional manner.
Basic qualifications for consideration
- JD from an accredited law school, license to practice, ability to become licensed to practice, in appropriate jurisdiction.
- 3+ years of relevant experience legal experience working at either a law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience in transactional and commercial contract and negotiation
- You must have strong analytical and decision-making skills and attention to detail, particularly with respect to risk identification and mitigation and contract drafting
- Prior experience in working with Vendor Contracts
- You may need to travel up to 15% of the time
- Experience with enterprise data security requirements or GDPR data processing requirements
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBTQ+)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Companys policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.