Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving technology forward?
At Fiserv, you’ll find team environment that values partnership and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and innovative spirit is how we deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before.
What does a great Managing Counsel-Federal Government do?
- Provide legal support to Fiservs Government Division which provides Fiservs products and services to the government and non-profit sectors. Major responsibilities include RFP and proposal review; preparing and negotiating client, vendor, and other related agreements; providing counsel to sales and account management; and collaborating closely with company specialists regarding products, intellectual property, technology, privacy, security, regulatory, employment, and litigation matters. The position may include management responsibility for other Fiserv Associates.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Youre the kind of person who enjoys providing legal consultation to partners, has a business-minded orientation with a genuine interest in learning, and has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. As a Managing Counsel at Fiserv, you can look forward to developing solid understanding of laws and regulations applicable to corporations in general, and specifically technology and financial services companies which provide products and services to government and non-profit entities. A great Managing Counsel has strong interpersonal skills, has an eye for detail, and is customer focused.
- You will provide significant contributions to the group by:
- Providing a solid understanding of state and federal government contracting processes including applicable regulations such as False Claims Act, FAR and DFAR.
- I Identifying potential risks through individual projects, collective projects and proactive efforts to evaluate processes and approaches. You will identify potential solutions or mitigations for such risks and identify and implement such solutions or mitigations.
- Operating with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision, providing consultation and legal advice with respect to all relevant projects and company initiatives.
- Identifying and completing discrete projects from start to finish, generally involving procurements from federal and state entities.
- Exhibiting strong understanding of the business products and services and independently recommending to client(s) changes in Legal and/ or business practices.
- Independently demonstrating the ability to establish trust from senior management through effective interaction.
- Exhibiting strong ability to prioritize projects from multiple clients.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice, or ability to become licensed to practice, in appropriate jurisdiction
- In good standing with State Bar with no disciplinary record
- Eight (8) or more years proven experience preferred
- Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Eight (8) or more years of law firm, in-house or working for a state or federal agency
- Experience with government procurement, government contracting, and reviewing/submitting government RFPs
- Knowledge of state and federal government contracting processes including applicable regulations such as False Claims Act, FAR and DFAR.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Exhibits effective time management skills and project execution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/ team player
- Demonstrated legal knowledge/ familiarity in relevant subject matter(s)
- Self-motivated and accepts constructive mentorship from direct manager(s) and clients
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people arent thinking about financial services. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Were Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The companys approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine Worlds Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.