This assignment is a 1 year non-reimbursable assignment and may be extended in 120-day increments as needed. Serves as a senior human resources specialist under operational control of Capital Policy and Programs (HCPP) in matrix to the Office of Intelligence Human Policy (Title 50 Cell) in concert with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) specialists.
Learn more about this agency
Serves as a senior human resources specialist under operational control of HCPP in matrix to the Office of Intelligence Human Policy (Title 50 Cell) in concert with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) specialists.
Plans, develops, organizes, evaluates and works collaboratively with internal and external partners on various Title 50 use 3024(v) human capital initiatives, standards and policies.
Plans, develops, organizes, evaluates classification intelligence competencies position descriptions, pay compensation flexibilities, staffing and recruitment programs policies and projects.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of "meet expectations/proficiency" on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must currently be at the grade level of the detail or equivalent in other pay system . ? *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Must complete DHS 250-2 Application Form.? Supervisory signature is required.? Please see "Required Documents" section for form.
You must have professional experience performing the following duties:
Must currently hold a GS-13, 14, 15 , or equivalent in other pay system
Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit appropriate documentation prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant experience as it relates to this Joint Duty assignment opportunity announcement.
Be clear and specific when describing your work history since human resources cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will be rated based on your resume.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION: There is no educational substitution for this position.
**DHS does not offer any additional benefits beyond that which the Federal employee is already receiving.
If the position requires a security clearance, employees must have a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance to placement AND must maintain that level of clearance while performing in the position.
Selected applicants for a JDA are requested to fulfill the items below during the JDA:
- Phase 1: Establish assignment objectives within the first 30 days of the JDA.
- Phase 2: Complete a self-assessment of the duties performed at the mid-point of the JDA.
- Phase 3: Complete a final review within the last 30 days of the JDA.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education, and training will be rated using a job questionnaire based on the competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this Joint Duty Assignment.
If you are among the best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. After reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination will be made. You must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Note: DHS continues to take necessary steps to keep our workforce safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic. If you receive a final Joint Duty Assignment offer to onboard, please complete the onboarding requirements and/or forms and submit them electronically in an expeditious manner. Your start date may be delayed if the action above is not completed.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
1. Resume: Do not include any personally identifiable information (PII) i.e., home address, social security number, or date of birth. Your resume must clearly demonstrate you have experience which meets the requirements of this position as outlined in the "Qualifications" section.
2. SF-50: Submit a copy of your official SF-50 (no text version) or other official "Notification of Personnel Action" document which shows the following information:
If your SF-50(s) does not provide the information needed to make a final determination for qualification, you will be found ineligible for the position.
3. DHS Joint Duty Assignment Application Form signed by your supervisor. Please click on the following link to access the required form DHS Form 250-02 .