Kforce’s client is looking to bring on an experienced Scrum Master to their growing organization in Madison, New Jersey (NJ).
The Scrum Master’s job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. The Scrum Master facilitates Scrum ceremonies and supports the team in following the Scrum framework. The Scrum Master may also handle traditional project management duties including scope definition, staffing, communication of status to clients and partners, budget oversight and risk/issue management.
* Strongly serve and support the product owner and development team
* Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example; Personify Scrum and Agile
* Guiding and coaching the Scrum team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
* Guiding and coaching both the Scrum team and the development team on how to get the most out of self-organization
* Guiding and coaching both the Scrum team and the development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
* Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization, coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
* Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team
* Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments
* Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
* Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified work with
* Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing and financials
* Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
* Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
* Degree in Information Technology, Business or a related field
* Must have First level Scrum Master certification CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP
* Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a Scrum team
* Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Exceptional people skills; Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serve as arbitrator when conflicts arise
* Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (i.e. numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
* Ability to distinguish between what “is Scrum” what is “not Scrum”
* Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, etc.
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools
* Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, or equivalent
* Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
* Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work
* In depth understanding of how to scope and estimate work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.