If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to upper management in JSSC as well as to the Joint Staff and the OSD.
- Provides authoritative direction and broad technical assistance to all team members.
- Manages, directs and evaluates civilian and military workforce for the Section, and oversees the work effort of assigned contract personnel and projects assigned to the team.
- Develops standards and criteria for assessing server performance, availability, capacity or configuration problems.
- Reallocates resources as they become available, optimizes systems performance, and recommends additional components to improve systems overall performance.
- Identifies problems and provides expert technical advice on new or improved information technology and procedures relative to new software and hardware releases.
- Develops proposals for a variety of highly specialized systems and enhancements to improve operational efficiency, and for meeting future needs.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- OGE-450 Financial Disclosure Statement Required.
- Drug Testing Position.
- Mission Essential Position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the requirements described below.
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Decision Making
2.) Project Planning and Management
3.) Information Systems/Network Security
4.) Information Assurance
To qualify at the GG-13, your resume must describe at least one year of experience that demonstrates the competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Experience refers to any paid or unpaid experience, including volunteer work and Military service, that would be considered equivalent to work normally performed at the next lower grade level in the federal service.
Qualifying experience is defined as: Experience with systems administration and software integration to ensure reliable data flow between a variety of custom software and databases (such as the data flow between Program Management Office (PMO) proprietary software). Experience should include troubleshooting system interconnections and designing/implementing backup strategies for servers/data while applying IT project management principles, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to information assurance/cybersecurity principle and practices.
Candidates must describe how they meet the qualifying experience and/or selective placement factor(s) within the body of their resume. All qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the qualifying experience at the GG-13 grade level
- This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
- If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to an appointment in the competitive service.
- A three year trial period may be required.
- This position is subject to completion of 1 year probationary period for assignment to a supervisory position.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here .
- This position has been designated as "Mission Essential." Incumbent will be required to report to work or relocate to a new duty location, within the United States, in times of local/national emergency.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. Please see this policy here .
- Because this position is in the Cyber Excepted Service, Veterans' Preference will be applied to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of the Title 5 U.S.C. in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement." If you are a veteran claiming veteran's preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
- For more information on the Cyber Excepted Service Personnel System, click here .
- For more information on veterans' preference, click here .
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements, click here .
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE – YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https: apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10992292
Background checks and security clearance
Sensitive Compartmented Information
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Special-Sensitive (SS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJOBS account. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools .
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
3. Other Supporting Documents.
4. Military Spouse Preference:Spousal Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders or travel orders, marriage certificate/license and the Self-Certification form are required to claim Military Spouse Preference.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement or at the time of application if applying to an announcement with an extended closing date.
1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: All applicants to include current agency employees, must submit proof of education if the job announcement requires education to meet the basic qualification requirements, or if substituting education to meet the specialized experience requirements. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents, click here Transcripts and Certifications. All applicants to include current agency employees/contractors must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Cover Letter: You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or determine eligibility for preference.
3. Veterans Preference: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran's preference, and will possibly impact your placement on the certificate. For more veterans' information please click here .
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit a written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what they condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans' preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) "Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference" and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
- Click to review veterans authorities and required documents that verify eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities .
4. ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF-50 if available.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/14/2021, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.