Kforce has a client that is seeking a Lead Software Engineer – Platform in San Francisco, California (CA).
* Design and build customer and industry-facing distributed services and platform components supporting the future of unmanned flight
* Exhibit technical leadership and initiative in the design and execution of new development and product features for multiple projects
* Develop requirements with aerospace domain partners, then design and execute on those with your service development team
* Produce high-level technical designs, gather requirements and rapidly prototype new components
* Take ownership of both existing service products and lead new green-field projects
* Advocate for quality delivery, testing, and maintainability
* Communicate with the team both directly and by utilizing effective documentation
* Mentor for junior colleagues to advance the team’s overall abilities
* Work with our DevOps Team to ensure reliable, repeatable and high-quality deployment and maintenance operations
* Have 5-10 years experience developing scalable software and distributed web PaaS/SaaS applications
* Be a generalist with experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development, systems engineering and distributed infrastructure
* Possess a working knowledge of distributed services from their design and implementation to operational and scalability needs
* Have a desire to work with an ambitious team in a fast-paced environment with strong values in sustainable development
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.