The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
JACOBS, the ENR 500 leading international architecture and engineering design firm is acquiring exciting new projects in its full service Saint Louis downtown office. Immediate needs for qualified staff include experienced project engineers with Architectural Engineering and Mechanical Engineering credentials who are passionate about creating the next generation of sustainable facilities to solve public and private facility requirements. The work shapes the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery services. The JACOBS business model provides employees with outstanding growth opportunities delivering global solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for applying advanced engineering techniques to design building Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning systems with minimal supervision while directing engineers and designers. Mechanical Engineers are granted considerable latitude in determining the approaches to assignments, researching and developing designs for a variety of building types, including projects for Federal DOD, mission critical, data centers, power and energy, local government, higher education, laboratories and other commercial and industrial projects.
Mechanical Engineers perform all aspects of engineering analysis and design for projects from concept stages through final design and construction administration. That requires knowledge of applicable codes and industry standards, participation in planning, cost development and management within the mechanical discipline. Project responsibility includes system selection and developing the design for equipment, ductwork systems, piping and controls, performing energy simulations, life cycle cost analysis, code compliance studies and reports.
Duties include the production of analyses, calculations, contract documents and specifications. Daily activities include one or more of the following:
- Visit project sites, collects field data, and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Provide support and mentoring for engineering staff members.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Effectively interface with all disciplines and levels of personnel and management.
- Work with engineers and designers in a team environment.
- Understand a problems fundamental issues and develop effective solutions.
- Motivate self and others
- Work productively without supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Training and Demonstrated Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years related design experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or obtain registration within one year of employment.
- LEED accreditation or obtain LEED accreditation within one year of employment.
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge of engineering design and equipment selection software.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of energy simulation and life cycle cost software.
- Ability to perform facility condition assessments.
- U.S. Citizen.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management.
- NCEES Record.
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Bentley Triforma and/or Microstation.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>