Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
We are seeking a qualified Software Tester / Analyst to support the USAF 53rd Wing Technical Support Services contract. The individual will serve as a team lead for small teams testing software systems. As such, the successful candidate will analyze system requirements, assist in requirements development, develop formal test plans to validate the system meets documented requirements using formal test methodologies, identify and document software bugs found during testing, and write test reports. The individual will test software applications developed by the 53rd Wing. Examples include, but are not limited to, the Specialized Electronic Combat Tool Kit and Reprogramming Environment (SPECTRE), Configuration and Security Tracking System (CASTS), and Operational and Test Evaluation Management System (OTEMS). Position will be located at Eglin AFB.
The software tester / analyst will support a fast-paced and highly technical environment that requires a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directing and/or participating in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Lead and supervise testing activities for small teams of software application testers to evaluate functional requirements and usability of software applications.
- Design, implement, maintain, track, and conduct test and evaluation procedures and test cases to ensure system requirements are met.
- Serve as subject matter expert to develop solid test plans, templates, and strategies for both automation and manual testing for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications
- Supports all phase of software development lifecycle to include:
- Maintaining project test schedules
- Developing and presenting time & resource estimates
- Entering data into and maintaining the status of change requests and bug reports
- Providing lessons learned to support process improvement in requirements gathering and analysis, training customers, training testers, providing demonstrations.
- Evaluates, recommends, implements, and maintain automated test tools, strategies, and continuous integration systems.
- Provide test reports, support test readiness reviews, support anomaly reviews, and interact with configuration boards and customers in support of formal software product release.
- Execute and interpret test automation results.
- Execute manual tests when needed.
- Prepare reports documenting test execution results.
- Brief test results to unit leadership and/or higher-level decision-makers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (strongly preferred) or other engineering degree
- Active/valid TS/SCI clearance with an investigation close date within 5.5 years at the time of application
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification or better (i.e. Security or better)
- 8 years of experience in a software testing role with proven experience leading test teams
- Strong experience in testing various aspects of software from functional, regression and integration standpoint
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, principles of CMMI, databases, and software application analysis
- Strong background using Microsoft Office products (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with source control tools, defect tracking tools, and continuous improvement
- Strong work ethic and ability to communicate across organization levels
- Demonstrable experience leading small teams and influencing decision makers
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adapt to changing business needs
- Excellent work ethic with a strong ability to work with cross-functional teams
Essential Functions Work Environment Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida. Physical Requirements Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Equipment and Machines Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Attendance Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. Other Essential Functions Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our three Core Values: We are a Relationship-based, Growth is an Imperative, and People Are Our Greatest Asset. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations. #cjpost
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>