The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new buildings structures as well as existing structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Selected individual will be responsible for the design of structural systems and components for a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facility types; ensuring the designs conform to recognized codes and standards, as well as client requirements. Duties will include: engineering, structural details, analysis, and design.
- May act as lead engineer on design teams in support of medium to technically complex projects. Must possess working knowledge of current industry codes and standards, and have experience with the latest engineering analysis software and techniques. Experience with building information modeling software and production is required.
- Interact with project management and provide proposal and qualifications information to support the ongoing business goals of the operation.
- A strong communicator across disciplines and management teams, while maintaining professional presence in representing Jacobs in client meetings.
- Adhere to all Jacobs safety programs and provide safety leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, from an accredited university, required
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience, preferably in a comparable A/E firm, specializing in the design of vertical buildings and structures for a wide variety of building types and markets, required
- Software knowledge and requirements include: AutoCAD, Revit, BIM, RAM, RISA, Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills required
- United States citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain United States Department of Defense security clearance is required
- Masters degree preferred
- Microstation preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer, holding an NCEES Council Record, or having the ability to quickly become registered in additional states, preferred.
- Previous government, institutional, or commercial facilities background is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>