Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States. We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway. We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of the origins of our solar system. We need you to be a part of our team! We are currently in need of a SES Software Engineer to join our team. Do you have the following skills? As a SES Software Engineer you will:
- Perform all aspects of the software development effort, including:
- Capture and manage software requirements.
- Design and develop software.
- Perform integration and testing of software with visuals and human in the loop mock-ups.
- Perform software testing and verification.
- Develop software documentation.
- Participate as the software Subject Matter Expert in project meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education/Experience/Skills: This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Experience with Linux development environments.
- Strong C programming skills and experience.
- Experience with coding in Python.
- Experience with code version control.
- Experience with the Git version control system.
- Experience with Object-oriented Programming.
- Experience with the NASA Trick simulation environment.
- Experience with Arduino microcontroller programming.
- Experience with shell scripting, such as Bash, Csh and/or Tcsh.
- Experience with MySQL & database manipulation in general.
- Experience writing software for hardware interfaces (such as Ethernet, serial ports, etc.).
- Experience with debugging programs in general.
Why Work for Jacobs? Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you! See What We Do Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge) In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit <web address removed>
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Essential Functions Work Environment
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>