ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an outstanding attorney with 5+ years of experience to join our dynamic legal team as Senior Counsel. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Litigation and Intellectual Property. The position will play a key role in worldwide commercial and intellectual property dispute resolution and risk mitigation throughout the company, advising on and negotiatingresolution of pre-litigation and litigation matters. The position requires a team player who will provide careful work product with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The position will be located in Santa Clara, California.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work cross-functionally to resolve disputes with outstanding business judgement and strategic risk analysis, ensuring effective resolution or settlement of matters that include breach of contract, licensing, and trade secret/confidentiality
- Participate closely with outside counsel in formulating strategy to protect intellectual property and commercial rights, including drafting and negotiating settlement agreements, reviewing filings, managing bankruptcy and non-payment matters, and managing legal holds.
- Work on matters with high visibility to support key strategic business objectives, including worldwide education of legal and business teams regarding litigation, contract interpretation and dispute management best practices
- Support ServiceNow’s culture of innovation by preserving the value of ServiceNow’s intellectual property and proprietary information
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate and law degrees from highly regarded schools
- Current member of a state bar (CA preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in complex contract and intellectual property matters, including trade secret and confidentiality matters
- The ability to manage global process change to mature litigation risk management and drive execution of strategic objectives
- The ability to effectively communicate legal recommendations and analysis to business teams across the enterprise, building a reputation as a valued business partner providing practical, business-oriented guidance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to foster trust, respect, and collaboration with internal clients
- A desire to make a positive impact within a quickly growing organization.
- The ability to be a self-starter and to prioritize workloads to set goals and meet deadlines in a high growth business environment.
- Experience with enterprise software technology and SaaS subscription contracts
- A technical background, such as IT, programming or engineering experience
- A love of learning new things, great judgment and a sense of humor.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.