Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility’s entire life cycle.
Independently applies advanced structural engineering techniques and analysis, with minimal supervision, on industrial projects at facilities in consumer products, pulp & paper, foundry, power & utilities, grains, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, wind tunnels, warehouse data distribution, electronics, chemical, gas & oil, and industrial structures. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. As part of multi-discipline project teams, this position will have Discipline Lead responsibilities including leading a team of structural engineers and designers. They will provide technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel. The successful candidate must have the ability to interact with clients, team members, and other disciplines in a fast paced team oriented environment.
• Commitment to safety in the office and field
• Discipline Lead responsibilities
• Collects and prepares data for evaluation
• Field verifications of existing structures
• Design of industrial structures with steel, reinforced concrete, and masonry
• Design of structural steel connections
• Design of reinforced concrete foundations
• Up to 25% travel
Provided on the Job Training:
• Engineering software training on RISA-2D, RISA-3D, RISAFoundation, RISAConnection, RISABase, RISASection, and Hilti PROFIS as needed
• Safety training on BeyondZero Orientation, Alert Driving, Office Safety, Electrical Safe Work Practices, Fall Protection, Ladder/Stairway, and Lock Out Tag Out
• BS in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis in an accredited program
• 10 – 15 years of experience
• PE license
• Experience with AISC Manual 13th/14th Edition, ASCE <phone number removed> IBC, and ACI 318-11
• 3D Structural analysis software experience
• AutoCAD, Excel, and Word experience
• MS in Structural Engineering in an accredited program
• SE license
• RISA-3D experience
• Revit experience
• Masonry experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>