Hungry for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world’s most iconic brands can help you get there.
Providing an exceptional customer experience is a cornerstone of the Subway brand values. Subway is seeking an experienced attorney with minimum of 10+ years experience negotiating, reviewing and drafting complex commercial agreements and related documents. Qualified applicants will have experience advising business and senior management teams on higher level/impact projects and legal issues related to contractual and risk management matters preferred. They will also have experience managing attorneys and professional support staff in private law firm and in-house environments preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate, review and draft complex transactional agreements related to third-party vendors in areas of global procurement and supply chain, operations, branding, research and development, marketing/advertising and enterprise technology. Advise business teams and senior management on higher-level legal issues related to strategic initiatives. Discuss SOWs and terms sheets with business teams and negotiate legal terms with opposing counsel.
- Supervise, train and review the work of other attorneys and staff on the Global Contracts team. Support of Global Contracts team management and professional development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in / knowledge of franchise law and business issues preferred.
- Significant experience with complex commercial agreements and in-house international franchise system legal and managerial experience.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prior work with contract management system preferred.
- Ability to cultivate strong internal relationships and work across distances with legal, business, finance and tax colleagues.
- Strong business sensibility.
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- License to practice law in Connecticut or eligible for CT authorized in-house counsel status.