As a Structural Designer, youll have the chance to work on the design of state of the industrial facilities, semiconductor manufacturing facilities, data centers, and research institutions. Working with other members of the team, youll be responsible for preparing drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, appropriate design criteria, and technical manuals often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs. During your time with us, you will evaluate and resolve problems by reviewing multiple sources of information and drawing conclusions, and assists less experienced team members in using technology, as well as work on projects that make our clients successful today, while helping them develop and capitalize on emerging technologies. If youre up for the challenge, weve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• High School or Trade School Diploma
• 5 years experience in structural design/drafting
• Ability to work a part of a design team consisting of local and remote team members.
• Ability to perform field/site visits which may include the need to climb ladders.
• Proficiency using AutoCAD.
• Proficiency using REVIT (minimum 2 years experience)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Associates Degree with emphasis on structural
• Proficiency using Navisworks
• Experience in a lead designer role
• Experience checking and performing quality assurance reviews of drawings.
• Experience in developing construction drawings for both foundations and building structural steel.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>