Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility’s entire life cycle.
Designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Uses computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools
- Responsible for assisting with the drafting/design effort on projects under supervision of more senior designers or engineers
- Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications
- Some selection and application of establishes and specific procedures may be required
- Performs routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures
- May assist supervisor in accomplishing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems and communicate with client personnel
- May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field
- Has good understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered
- Performs work of a more complex scope
- Execute work within approved budgets, develop progress reports, interface with clients and direct he efforts of lesser experienced designers/drafters
- Interacts with internal and external personnel
- Site work and periodic travel required
- 8 years of relevant Piping Design experience required
- Proficient use of AutoCAD software required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Other design software, such as MATLAB or Solidworks preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>