Kforce has a client in search of a Software Development Manager in Austin, Texas (TX).
Development Managers at this company are creative technologists who lead by example, setting the pace and tone for building a culture of high performing teams. The right candidate for this role comes from a software development background and has experience hiring, mentoring and managing technical execution using agile methodologies. As a member of engineering leadership, you will collaborate frequently with designers, product managers and business stakeholders throughout the organization to deliver compelling hospital products that integrate with the company’s healthcare and public safety SaaS suite.
More about what you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of some of the most committed and brightest developers at this company. These individuals have dedicated many non-mythical man-months to the flagship products driving our company’s stellar growth.
You will provide direction and oversight through all phases of the product release cycle (design, development and quality assurance), aligning development objectives with product milestones and ultimately, customer satisfaction.
You can expect to:
* Participate in product release estimation and planning
* Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions
* Review peer code, conduct design reviews, and review test plans
* Coach and mentor developers at both a technical and a professional level
* Curate and publish unit and integration testing metrics
* Coordinate quality assurance plans for all projects
* Create and execute structured application deployment plans
* Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations
* Recruit and retain -A- players
* Read and write code
The stuff you must have to give us a resume (technical or otherwise):
* At least 5 years managing a software development team
* Thorough technical knowledge of the .NET Framework, CLR and C# (5+ years minimum experience)
* Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
* Expert level knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns (GoF, IoC, Asynchronous Programming Model, SOLID, DDD, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (MS SQL 2012 – 2016)
* Experience with popular unit testing and mocking frameworks
* Experience evaluating third-party libraries/frameworks
* Knowledge of functional programming paradigms, not specifically limited to .NET
* Strong knowledge of modern .NET web frameworks (ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI)
* Knowledge of XML, SOAP and RESTful web services
* Experience building loosely coupled applications using Service Bus and related messaging patterns
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
* Prior usage of Git or another distributed source code management system
* Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
Nice to Haves:
* Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS technologies
* Experience using NoSQL databases
* Experience with Mirth and familiarity with HL7 standard
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.