Sr. Global Privacy Manager
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Senior privacy role responsible for implementing all aspects of PAC’s privacy program to ensure compliance with US laws, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements as well as equivalent legislation around the world and in all countries where PAC does business. Provides support to legal leadership on global privacy strategy.
Management of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Global Privacy Compliance:
- Manage and lead discussions on compliance with privacy controls, risks, and performance of gap assessments.
- Identify, develop and implement critical mitigation and remediation efforts, while working toward evolving the privacy program. Liaise with customer security teams, Panasonic North America, HR, Systems Engineering, and other internal stakeholders to implement and track GDPR and global data privacy compliance.
- Conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), as applicable, and provide related reports.
- Implement business record-keeping of processing activity and manage data privacy compliance tools. Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Research new global privacy regulations and trends applicable to PAC through in order to effectively help protect the company.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
Data Privacy Legal Review and Management:
- Review data protection agreements on the customer side and vendor side, providing first review and escalating to manager, as needed.
- Provide applicable redlines. Streamline processes for agreement review by providing PAC’s templates, when applicable. Provide first line support to contract managers.
- Meet with internal business and technology stakeholders to understand new digital PAC products and services and provide customized privacy policies accordingly.
Privacy Risk Mitigation/New Product Support:
- Work with product development teams to support PAC’s privacy by design approach for new product features.
- Meet with engineering and business team members to coordinate appropriate privacy policies and safeguards.
- Provide internal data privacy consultation and training. Develop and deliver privacy awareness training materials.
- Receive and respond to data subject access requests and liaise with appropriate business units to fulfill requests in a timely and professional, customer-focused manner.
- Track and report privacy related queries and metrics. Receive and respond to requests for data privacy guidance and support from across internal business leaders across the globe.
- Provide first line privacy support and escalate to manager as needed.
- 8+ years of professional experience including but not limited to Compliance, Legal, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Privacy Compliance.
- J.D. or related M.S./M.A. degree
- Experience working with senior level officials across key functions critical to a technology company implementing a privacy program.
- Knowledge of global privacy and compliance standards, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation and/or APEC Privacy Framework, and interest in learning more regarding global data privacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to resolve issues with multiple stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Organized, responsive, and personable.
- Familiarity with issues relevant to risk management in technology and comfort with partnering with information security team members.
- Skilled at explaining complex topics and gaining support and consensus with multiple stakeholders.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP or CIPM or similar)
- Experience with emerging, digital technologies and devices
- Knowledge of PAC products and services
- Consulting or advisory experience on privacy matters
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Location/Division:26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630