Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment solutions. We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
TiVo continues to develop best-in-class products and services that provide consumers with the best way to discover and engage with media. As a member of TiVo’s in-house legal team, you will provide strategic marketing and advertising counseling to internal clients, perform legal review of a wide range of product and marketing collateral and press releases, and provide legal counsel for marketing events, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions. Additionally, you will oversee TiVo’s privacy and other product compliance efforts, including leading cross-functional teams to ensure that the Company meets its regulatory obligations. This is a broad role in support of key business objectives of the company, with title and salary commensurate with experience. Here is what you’ll get to do:
- Advise clients on a wide range of issues related to marketing and advertising programs, including the review of marketing content, including terms of service, press releases and other marketing collateral.
- Oversee project management of TiVo’s U.S. privacy compliance efforts, including compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Engineering to counsel and support the development, marketing, regulatory compliance and sale of TiVo’s next-generation video products.
- Take the lead on critical cross-functional projects to ensure that the Company complies with its contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Provide client education and training on relevant legal issues, develop processes and forms to support business marketing needs and efficiencies
- Get hands-on experience partnering with the business and technology teams to achieve business objectives in a legal and ethical manner.
Here is what you’ll need to be successful:
- You have solid experience working on marketing/advertising issues, privacy, open source and other areas related to the development, marketing and sale of consumer products.
- You have significant experience and demonstrated success managing large, cross-functional projects, including preparing and driving actionable project plans and timelines.
- You are able to work independently, can respond to shifting priorities with ease, and understand how to translate legal requirements into practical advice for business and technical stakeholders.
- You are an experienced product counselor, with an interest in, and general understanding of technologies related to offering innovative products directly to consumers.
- You are a creative, intelligent and practical businesspartner with experience helping companies strike the right balance between risk and reward in direct partnership with team members or business group leaders across a technology enterprise.
- You are detail oriented, enjoy working in a fast-paced, collegial environment and have experience independently supporting business and product teams. This requires good communication and teamwork skills (with members of the legal team as well as the ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company).
- You have a 5+ years of marketing/privacy experience, including working in-house with technology companies.
- JD with strong academic credentials and California bar license or ability to practice in California as a registered in-house counsel.
- The following experiences would be a plus for success in this role: consumer (B-to-C) product support experience (especially marketing collateral), video or other content delivery, open source software, import/export compliance, FCPA, and conflict minerals.
Benefits & Perks
Our employees and their families are important to us and our comprehensive pay, stocks and benefits programs reflect that. TiVo supports personal well-being, builds financial security, and enables employees to share in the success of TiVo. Rewards include:
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can include: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities, conveniences such as dry cleaning and car washes, and recycling programs.