As an Environmental Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale site investigation and remediation projects associated with state-led and federal programs in addition to supporting environmental management issues associated with regional infrastructure projects. You will utilize your planning and communication expertise as well as your leadership experience to manage projects and lead a multi-discipline team or be a key team member as part of larger infrastructure projects in the region. You will also utilize your Licensed Site Professional (LSP) for Massachusetts. As an Environmental Project Manager, you will spend a majority of your time in our Boston, Massachusetts office managing projects and mentoring junior members of your team. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate who is a self- starter and who is eager to grow in new and exciting ways at one of the worlds largest consulting engineering firms.
- Lead and manage the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Manage multiple projects and teams in a dynamic environment to meet aggressive and competing schedule demands.
- Lead and support safety planning, chartering and implementation in the field. Be a strong advocate of Jacobs safety and quality culture.
- Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety and organization of contractors, subcontractors and internal technical and support staff.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance.
- Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Communicate and manage conflict with internal project teams, other contractors and client teams.
- Act as a prime contact with clients and be responsible for overall work progress, technical performance, and overall client satisfaction with projects.
- Actively seek and develop both follow-on and new work for clients served.
- Work with project delivery leadership and support team development through coaching and mentoring.
- Coordinate planning, permitting, design, field implementation, and reporting activities with staff, subcontractors, stakeholders, and clients.
- Support other Project Managers and Program Managers in all aspects of delivering technically challenging projects for major client accounts.
- At least 8 years of experience with site investigation/remediation, including directly related task/project management experience, with private, non-federal and municipal clients. Additional experience in federal projects will be considered.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in engineering, geology, hydrogeology, environmental science, or a closely-related field.
- Experience with environmental projects with a track record that includes planning, investigation, remediation and monitoring of impaired properties under state and federal programs.
- Practicing Massachusetts Licensed Site Professional (LSP)
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred candidate will also have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude.
- Experience in remediation design and construction oversight.
- 8-15 years of environmental experience.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>