The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Revit/CAD technicians within the BIAF Division have exceptional drafting and design skills to develop drawings for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems for buildings, including: Federal and DOD facilities, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, educational facilities and commercial projects.
Candidates for our Revit/CAD designer positions must be able to follow our engineers design directives and apply diversified knowledge of Revit and Autocad software and practices to prepare construction drawings for MEP systems. Systems and tasks include, but are not limited to, MEP systems, ductwork & piping distribution, plumbing distribution, and electrical distribution.
- With direction from the engineers, create drawings for the MEP systems. The focus will be Plumbing systems.
- With direction from the engineers, learn basic engineering calculations for HVAC systems.
- Manage work with other Revit technicians, designers, engineers, and architects
- Manage quality of work with the design team.
- 5 years minimum experience using Revit and Autocad for buildings-related designs (position is primarily HVAC, but electrical and plumbing drafting capabilities are a plus), a BS degree reduces this requirement by 1-2 years
- Strong skills with Revit 2017 & 2018, BIM360
- Strong skills with Autodesk BIM 360 GLUE , Navisworks
- Proficient in creating and updating templates and project set-up in Revit.
- Understand central files and familiar working with local files.
- Manage work-sets, control visibility, and be familiar in using shared parameters in Revit families and schedules.
- Good written and verbal skills
- US Citizen preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>